Friday, February 5, 2016

Pre travel stress

This has been a hard last few weeks. I've had a persistent stomach ache for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Dean and I have both been sleeping horribly. I feel like my brain is mush. I don't ever remember it being this stressful preparing for a trip. Today someone asked me how I was doing and I started crying. 

We are so very fortunate to be surrounded by people who love us and care about how we are coping. I talked about how our life has looked the last few weeks. I ended up feeling like a bit of the load was lifted. 

Planning for a trip this long and complicated is tough. Doing it while still continuing working, trying to get our taxes prepared early and trying to remember every little thing that needs to be done now and pre done for the next 4 months feels crazy. But when I have person after person that assures me that they are not only praying for us, but are willing to do things for us while we are gone is mind blowing. 
There are so many people that will be here at home, taking care of our beloved cat, watering our plants, taking care of our house, our apartment, our business, and even planting the garden in May. We feel so blessed. 

I know that I will feel better once we are sitting on the plane. The bags are packed. The food from the fridge is eaten. We are in the home stretch. 2 more sleeps. But right now I'm a bit sad. 

I will miss my people. The hugs I get regularly from people I know love me. The phone calls and texts I get throughout the day from my people. I will miss that in the next 4 months. But this is what we signed up for when we chose to explore and travel. But I will miss my people. My friends, my parents, my clients. They/you are such a very important part of my life. 



No comments: