Friday, March 22, 2013

ywam

wow, i just realized i havnt updated this blog for a while. We are north of Auckland about 2 hours drive serving at a ywam school as mission builders. A mission builder is someone who comes to a ywam base for a set time to help with any needs that the school base might have at the time. We spend our days cleaning, cooking, cutting fire wood, building, etc.


we have been very busy helping out. My niece Brittney has been here with us all week after her graduation from australia ywam in Townsville. It has been fabulous having her here! She is such a fun girl and has been helping out so much around the school. We just love that she could come! We have a church conference happening here this weekend. There are 3 local churches with many guest speakers to listen to and food to help serve. so we are very busy helping all weekend. Next week we are hoping to head out to the coast and do some exploring in northland.

I had an appointment with another dr this week. My stitches were taken out and everything looked good. I was then sent to a physiotherapist and was fitted with a removable brace. I need to take the brace off 4 times a day and start bending my wrist front to back and side to side very gently. I have days when i am so scared that my arm will never move like its supposed to again. it feels odd to not be able to twist my wrist or bend it. I know it has not been very long, but still not the most comfortable feeling.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

HI Wendy,
I enjoy keeping up with your family travel and have been thinking about you as you have gone through this unexpected injury adventure.
I wanted to let you know that I have made my blog private. You were a follower there and so if you want to send me your e-mail address I would gladly send you an invite! All the best!
tmthiessen@sdnet.ca
Mandy

Lloyd Letkeman said...

I imagine keeping the blog going with a disabled wrist must take some time and effort. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Missed you at Heartland, though is sounds like you are in the heartland of a great experience. Blessings.