Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lovin where we are



We are in an amazing country. As we travel the road south of Christchurch  NZ. I am in awe. 
I feel so insignificant, yet so grateful to be standing in the middle of the type of beauty that draws you into its depths.  
It is such a blessing to be standing here.  I feel like we are a part of something that I know few people may never get to experience.  I know that when we return home, I will always be able to close my eyes and remember this moment. I want to remember the look in Colton's eyes when he sees something that he has only read about and thought possibly he may never see. I want to remember his face as he looks up at his dad with respect and love or puts his arm through mine to climb a steep hill. 
I want to look at Miranda and know that she will grow up to be a woman that we will be proud of just like we are now. I want to see her learn things about herself and the world that will help her grow to be confident and strong even when things are sometimes hard. 
I want them to know that dreams are worth working towards. 

It feels amazing to be achieving our dreams for us and our kids. We are where we are meant be. I know that from the depths of my being. 

This country is lush and green. When we stop by the side of the road the smell of flowers almost overpowers us. Flowers that grow in bushes and hedges taller than we are. 
The trees are massive with trunks that are meters and meters around. Their roots sometimes come out of the ground on the sides of the road where they have dug away at the earth. In other places the thick trees grow right up beside the road on each side creating a canopy over the cars that drive down the road. The road is right up to the edge of the forest. It's like they didn't want to cut down one to many trees to make the road. It is amazing to drive for hours down the curvy canopy covered road. The journey is absolutely as important as the destination in this case. We rarely hear the kids ask when will we be there. We seem to mostly drive without the radio on. Taking in the beauty in silence. Or we talk about what we are seeing or wonder what might be around the corner. We try to be carful to stop whenever we can. If we pass by something that looks interesting. We stop. There is no time limit. Time is our friend. Its a huge learning curve for this getter done kinda family. Slow down.....

Right now many of our friends/family are rolling around on the floor laughing in disbelief! 

No comments: