Saturday, January 22, 2011

on the way

Well it's 5am and we are sitting in the Calgary airport waiting for our flight. We got through customs and security very quickly. It is much quicker if you have someone in a wheelchair. We met another woman in a wheelchair and found out she is also going for the MS treatment and she will be in the hospital at the same time as dad and is also staying at the same hotel as we are. That was really cool.
Dad seems really good, not at all nervous. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I don't think its fro feeling nervous or anything. Not sure why. Tonight I am hoping I will finally be tired enough to get a good nights sleep. Dad gets up to go to the bathroom at least 3 or 4 times a night and I am a really light sleeper. So it will take a bit of getting used to. I might have to look for some sleeping pills or something.

Last night Dean and I drove down to the south end of Calgary to see D'arcy and Shelby (our nieces)and the kids. It was really nice. Kenton is 2 and talking a mile a minute. He is so well behaved and such a great polite kid. D'arcy is doing a great job of raising him.
Jacob is such a sweetie-pie. I walked in the door, and spent the next few hours feeding him and playing with him and getting him to sleep. Baby heaven!! It was a great visit. The girls seem to be doing really well and it was so nice to be able to see them after so many years.

We should arrive in Costa Rica at 7:20 tonight. We will get picked up at the airport by the hotel. It will be great to feel +30 again.

2 comments:

rachel said...

we are all thinking of you.
lots of hugs ang kisses
rachel

Andrea said...

aww..my homeland. kiss the ground & hug a coffee bush & a tico for me!