Sunday, December 19, 2010

sun rise


As I sit here on my worn couch overlooking our back yard, I smile as I watch the sun rise in the east. I makes my heart full to be able to see this morning after morning. I never tire of the oranges and reds of the morning sun. What a great start to my day.

We are preparing for Christmas and finishing the last parts of the building process. I think about the last year and a half. It has been a wonderful journey together as a family. We have all grown closer.

 Miranda and Colton are in a place where they have a house again and can see the last year of our lives a little more clearly now that they have a room to call their own. It can be hard to appreciate all that we did when your really not all that sure what you will get in the end (a bedroom and all your stuff that has been in boxes for 1 year and a half). Lately I've heard more positive comments (from the kids) about selling our house (they have missed some things, like the old climbing tree) and that is a good place to be, content. They now talk about how much they like our new yard (the forts they can build in the trees) and their new bedrooms.

Dean is a really fun guy to be with. I absolutely could spend every day with him working. Too bad I'm a better waxer than drywaller. Maybe I need to teach him to wax....
We had such a great time together designing, making decisions day to day, nailing together walls, pulling wires, painting and putting up shelving. It has been a blast.

2 comments:

Sawatzky family said...

Love this :) You are blessed! What a wonderful spirit shines through that post.

Sarah said...

You teaching Dean to wax ... you made me smile friend. Enjoy your home and every sunrise, gifts from our Daddy who loves us both very much.