Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More drywall and soffit and facia

 Today, the ceilings were almost done when I arrived in the morning.  Dean was hard at work all afternoon yesterday while I was in the city driving the uncles to the airport.


 Wow, what a different look to have flat, white ceilings.


 The soffit and facia is started on the back of the house!

 So as the soffit installer was working today. He asked if we had ordered screws for the brown soffit. We just had what the lumber store had sent with the other supplies. He showed us what was there, These silver screws. He asked us if that was ok or would we rather have brown coated ones so they wouldn't show. Dean called the lumber store to see if they had brown ones in stock. They did, so off I went to town to get the nice brown screws. I brought the silver ones back and got a $35 credit (who knew screws cost so much??). After I returned them I asked for the brown ones Dean had called about. Well, they didn't have them, never had. So I very annoyingly went over to the other hardware store to see if they had brown screws.
They too said they never carry them. So I threw a hissy fit about having to drive all the way Winkler to get a couple of boxes that are a normal stocked item in Winkler stores.

 So they, not used to seeing me have a hissy fit found a quick solution.....

 They gave me a can of paint. So I went back to the house, and painted 200 screws.

No comments: