Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fishing in Grand Rapids

We took the weekend off to scoot up to Grand Rapids. It was the best ever. It helped me remember the joy of travel the last few months together as a family. Spending time together without the phone ringing or big decisions being made. Just which spot to go to and when should we eat.

As we were bumping across the lake the second day. I realized I was having fun. Not that I usually don't have fun fishing. But I was not scared of the waves and wind and well, just the lake itself. I wasn't thinking about the boat flipping from the big waves. I wasn't thinking of the kids falling over. I was having fun, like I used too. Before something in me started to be afraid of things. Before I started having to take a deep breath before getting into a vehicle or boat or any motorized vehicle. Right now as I sat in the boat, the wind whipping through my hair and the tears flying off my face from the wind. I was feeling joy. This is what I had missed all the years I felt fear and apprehension at doing so many things. This is what I longed for. Fun and joy. Speeding across the lake with the wind whipping through my hair.....

Oh ya, we also caught a lot of fish!









No comments: