Friday, April 16, 2010

still surfing in NZ

We have made it to Rotorua NZ, which is still on the North Island. It is one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. It is a town filled with steaming thermal pools, bubbling mud pits and stinky air. We took a long drive around the countryside today. Visiting thermal volcanic areas rich in culture with so much to see and do. We stopped so many times to take pictures of the countryside where we saw grazing Red deer, sheep and cows. We also couldn't get over the views of the hills and vegitation. This could be a place that one could move to....
No, we won't move here, But I would definatly recomend people visit and plan to stay a while.

We are staying (CS) with a family of 3 right here in the city of Rotorua. They live in a quiet area 10 minutes from down town. They have a little boy who is so much fun. We spend lots of time laughing at the kids as they run around and act goofy. We only have access to dial-up here and so we can't load pictures yet, but I will br getting on that asap. They are to good to leave in my camera.

Another very COOL thing that is happening is Dean and Colton are going RED DEER hunting tomorrow. They met a local hunter guy in a hunting/fishing store who offered to take them out. Last weekend he shot 12 deer for food for his family. He doesn't want any money to bring them out, so this is an amazing gift for them. They are so excited. It all I have heard all day ( < ;

Miranda and I might go to the spa and get some thermal mud slathered on us while they are hunting!!

I will upload pictures very soon. I know there are a few people who will be waiting. Things otherwise are going well. We have adapted to driving on the other side and are feeling confdent that we can drive to the South island  next week.

4 comments:

Malita said...

Good morning everyone I see you're all doing fine, sounds like if you're all having a fantastic time. When I bought this house grant and Gloria went to New Zealand and he said if they didn't have a child that they would've stayed there they thought it was the most beautiful place in the world to. I hope the boys have a successful hunt and you and Maranda have a good time playing in the mud I miss y'all you take care I can hardly wait for your pictures love mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are doing well!! Sounds like a blast!
Dar

Ang said...

mmmm...a spa day. I'm in!

Happy Hunting to the boys.

Ang

Ann E said...

this brings back lots of memories,fun !!!!!!!