Thursday, April 1, 2010

Packing

Part of of travels hope is that our friends and family can see parts of the world through our eyes and the lens of our camera. We hope that we can make a differnce to the people we meet in the world and also to the people we love at home. Way to love the world already Kalli!




We have packed and stuffed and squished all we could till we ended up with 3 backpacks and 2 small day bags. These are the clothes we will wear for the next 3 months. We each have 2 pants (one will be donated after New Zealand), 4 tee-shirts, underware, 2 shorts, Miranda and I each have a skirt, Dean and Colton each have a dress shirt, 2 pairs of socks each, Miranda and I each have 2 tank tops, a pair of sandles and runners, each have snorkling set, books, 2 travel pillows, lap top, 2 ipods, camera, journals, toiletries, snacks and gifts for people we meet.  That's about it.
We have to carry everything we own on our backs while we find a place to sleep or walk from plane to bus. We hope we can loose some of the weight as we go.
Our first stop is Hawaii, I have always wanted to see real flowing lava. In a few days we will!

3 comments:

Sister C said...

This is so exciting Wendy. I had no idea you were off again. I will follow you blog to see your adventures.

Jen said...

Now I know what to pack when I do my next adventure. No toiletries, hairdryer, etc.?

Have a wonderful time :)

The Heppners said...

Hey, that's my Kalli girl!!