Monday, February 22, 2010

Once in a life time opportunity

Today, when I picked Miranda up from school I asked her if her teacher had mentioned anything about our trip. She said no, but then followed that up with a different topic.

She told me how the school is having an AG safety day in May and she really didn’t want to miss it. I told her if it was in May than we unfortunately would miss it this year. She sighed and said “but mom, they only have it once a year and I would really like to go to it”. So I asked her what they did at an AG safety day. “Well” she said “ they teach us all about crossing the street safely, and washing your hands really good. You know, stuff like that”! “Mmmm” I said. “ Well, we won’t be here, we will be riding an elephant in Thailand or something in May”.

“But mom…” Miranda wined, “this is a once in a lifetime experience, I will only get to do the AG safety day this year. I have been looking forward to this all year.”

Well, what do I say to that? She’s right. The AG safety day is a once in a lifetime experience for her. “I’ll see what I can do” I sighed.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Kid's perspective ... too funny!