Monday, January 18, 2010

balance

What do I want out of life….

I want to live a life of balance. I watch the people around me and others that we meet and see how many aspects of their lives are out of balance. They seem to always be adjusting this way and that trying to find a place of happiness. I think that we are right now and for the last while been on a journey to find family, personal, social, work and spiritual balance in our life.

I am realizing that a change is one area will impact the other areas of my life. It even creates some excitement for life as I embrace and seek balance. It is a constant process of adjustment through reflection and planning.

There are many questions. Such as, am I enjoying my time here on earth, how can I discover my purpose, can I live by my values with pride and how can I make better choices. These are all things I need to think about.

Without taking time to reflect on if my life is in balance it is easy to think everything is fine. I think it is worth a bit of time and prayer.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

ah yes balance...often feels like i'm trying to find this on a daily basis, we share the same goal...

Karen L. Dyck said...

Just read a really thought-provoking chapter on the subject of balance for Christians in John Ortberg's book, The Life You've Always Wanted (which I must highly recommend if you've not read it). He says: "A balanced lifestyle is not an adequate goal to which to devote our lives....it is too slight....It is largely a middle-class pursuit. It lacks the notion that my life is to be given to something bigger than myself."
You should read this (Chapter 12 in particular) as you think and pray your way through this issue.

The Klippensteins said...

Thanks Karen. I will check this book out.