Tuesday, January 13, 2009

kids pictures

We are home from Honduras. We are happy to be home. We are resting up from a very tiring 2 weeks away. It always amazes me how a person can go so long without much sleep. It's the noise I think that keeps us from sleeping. For some reason people in Central America don't need as much sleep as I do. We are kept awake by noisy people often till 3 or 4 in the morning. If it's not the people its their dogs and then the roosters start at about 5 am. Last night I thought I am in my own bed and I will have a great sleep, but we left our pillows at the orphanage and the pillow I had at home was not my usual pillow so once again I couldn't sleep. Oh well, sooner or later sleep will come.
Here are a bunch more great pictures of our time with the kids.









Here are a few more moments at the orphanage.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these beautiful children don't have parents to love them? Oh my goodness!! Didn't you take any of them home with you?? Wanda

Andrea said...

Ah yes, dogs bark all night and roosters early en la manana! This sounds exactly like my Guatemala experience! Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing more.

The Klippensteins said...

We couldn't take any home with us and after a week with 17 little kids you really aren't sure if you would want to. Good thing they have excellent parents at the orphanage so we didn't have to worry about it.