Tuesday, December 30, 2008

orphanage

We made it. After 2 days of travel from Altona to Toronto and then to Honduras. We had to spend a day in TO and decided to go to the Toronto tower. After hours of waiting in lines we got to the top and back down. It was a fun day. The kids have never been on a subway so evenm the trip down town was fun for them.

So yesterday when we arrived in Honduras it was sunny and warm. But within a few hours it started to drizzle on and off and ended up raining from about 2 and lasted all night. But in the morning we woke to sunny clear skies and we had a great day.

After lunch we headed down to the casa Roc orphanage. When we got to the yard there was no one around and so we just walked into the yard and found them in the house. They were happy to see us and were very happy we had arrived. I immediatly took the ten month old baby from Marie's arms and she told me the baby was blind. They had gotten her from the hospital after the mother had tryed aborting her. She was a tiny very adorable baby. Afer hloding her for a while she fell asleep and I asked where I could put her. They showed me the crib and I placed her in there and went to spend some time with the other kids.
Lenard and Marie are so open and welcoming. Its as though they know that God is sending people and they need help and so they live with an expectant heart. I felt like we have known them for ever and they acted the same.
After putting the baby down I asked the kids if anyone would like a hug. Well for the next half hour I was in my glory. I went from one child to the next holding them and hugging them and asking them about themselves. These kids are not shy and soooo luvable. Even Dean said thet it was hard to leave them and would be so easy to take one home. Good thing we can't because they can't be adopted. So we will come back still a family of 4.
While we were hanging out Marie asked what we do for a living and when I told her I was a hairdresser and I had brought my scissors, she looked surprised and asked if Lenord told me they needed someone who could cut hair. I said no he hadn't said anything and she smiled and said how great it was that God provides for them in just that way all the time.
They talked about their lives a bit and and how they run the orphange and it sounds just how I would do it. Tomorrow we will go back for the day. Miranda is excited to play with their daughter Joy who is also 9 and go swimming with her again.(We took the girls and Colton for a quick swim before we headed back for supper.

I will try to update more at the end of the week. Internet is hard to get to and very expensive.( I'm not proof reading this to save time so sorry for the spelling)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe you were in TO and didn't tell me!! Well, I forgive you... mostly.

Keep up the updates. I love hearing about your adventures :)

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to let you know that love your blog, and want to wish you a Happy New Year. Hope you guys are having fun. :)

Karen L. Dyck said...

I am so inspired by your comments here and am eager for the next intallment in the current journey.

Be well & keep on spreading the love of God as you go. Come home safely!