Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Horse show and Fish fry

We decided to stay home this weekend. We had a very busy weekend anyway. On Friday the kids went to Tinker Town with their grandma. On Saturday Miranda and I raced in the horse show and Dean and Colton built the floating dock for the pond and raked sand. We invited 40 people over for a fish fry/pond party/ SURPRISE birthday party for Dean. This party would have worked without a hitch had I not fallen off the horse on SAt. and could have helped Dean a bit more with HIS party. It all went great though. We ate tonnes of fish,potatoes,cole slaw,macaroni salad,baked beans and birthday cake. The kids had a great time in the pond.



Miranda and I entered almost all the gymcana classes. We did barrels, poles and a few other fun races. It was Miranda's first horse show and she did very well. She was very brave and trotted and loped all on her own. She won 2 fifth place and 1 second place ribbon. every year at the Horse show I tell myself that I should be ridding like I used to do 20 years ago. This year I decided on the day before that I would do it and borrowed a horse from my friend. Miranda also borrowed a horse from her so we could both show. It was soo much fun to be back on the horse running through the race. Whoo Hoo I had fun. I had so much fun that in the last event I pushed the poor horse a little to much. He rebelled at my pushing and won. I ended up landing on my rump. Well, I guess he showed me. I am way too old to fall off I horse. Now I know. Being competitive can get you a sore ass.



Miranda and Wendy doing barrels and poles

No comments: